Monday, May 18, 2009

Truth & Lie

For my first official post, I figured I'd write about Truth, since it ties in with my blog title. Then I thought about the word "truth" and how it's so intertwined with the word "lie." Which lead me to a question I seem to always ask myself: Why do people lie? Why is it so hard for people to tell the truth? Fear of humiliation? Fear of getting caught? Fear of not living up to a standard? Fear of upsetting another? I can go on and on. Some people are so complusive with their lies, that it becomes a reflex of sorts. No bueno (not good) if you ask me, lol. My thing is why lie? Why sit there and rack your brain for an "Excuse" a "reasoning" or a "cover up" to something that you're going to have to keep up with. Most lies cause problems and come back to bite you in the ass. So why not nip it in the bud from the jump, with the truth? I think lies also have to do with self-esteem issues. People try to look good to not only others, but themselves. So by lying, they look and feel great. They feel important. Well I say, bump you and your self esteem issues, don't have me go through all this stress, if you're not ready to keep it real with me! Don't waste someone's time, if your not ready to be honest. Granted I have lied before. Yes. That was then, this is now. I pride myself in telling the truth. It's exhilarating to me in some ways. I found out that, in being honest with myself, it was easier to be honest with others. Yea, you might not like my honesty, But I'm not here to please you. If anything, I'm showing you who I really am. We also have to remember, truth is a fact, not an opinion. Don't confuse the two. And, there are times when withholding the truth is actually a good thing to do. If a friend is going through the grieving process of having lost a loved one and being around them is causing your mood to be affected in a negative way, you should keep it to yourself of course. You're not exactly telling a lie, you're more so showing sympathy and understanding. All in all, it takes a great amount of courage to tell the truth. But to tell the truth without judgement or with blame, is definitely empowering to say the least. So keep it One Hunneth! lol (real, 4 the slow people).

Silent

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! it is extremely hard to remember a lie and I agree with you 100% on ALL of the above. GREAT BLOG, KUDOS to you
    Mona621

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty deep.

    ¨¨°º©©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨¨
    www.areyouagoodcatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this blog post!!! I need to print out a few copies... one is for my refrigerator

    ReplyDelete